Sunday 29 December 2013

A Bit About Me


Hi Everyone.  Starting this blog it would be nice to tell everyone a bit about me and my involvement with the hobby.


I have been collecting Warhammer 40k since around 2007 near on the end of 4th edition.  I started with the Battle for Macragge box set and started down the path of the Ultramarines.  At the time I was never really keen on painting so I just didn't bother with many paints and focused on accumulating a bigger army.

Near the end of 2010 I had almost completed the Ultramarine's Second company and so decided to buy the Daemonhunters codex on eBay (as it was no longer sold on the GW website).  Little did I know that four months later, before I had the chance to buy any models, a new codex appeared along with new plastics.

So I own a small force of Grey Knights, based around the two new characters Draigo and Crowe.

Then in 2012 when the new edition was released I bought the hardback rulebook for once (instead of the starter sets) and with the new rules for allied detachments bought a few models from the necron range.  Namely Anrakyr and a command barge, some Immortals and a night scythe, and a triarch stalker.

All this time I have never really bothered too much with painting (or just not found the time).  It was back in 2011 when I got into painting more and with the new paints released by gw in 2012, I was finally on my way to having a fully painted army.

So now at the end of 2013, I have the complete second company, half of the first company and various array of tanks including a baneblade (which does happen to be fully painted in full blue ultramarine colours.)

So for 2014, I hope to paint through as much of my army as possible, perhaps even do an armies on parade if I get the chance.  I will try to take some pictures of my models for you to see when I can.

Looking forward to a fabulous hobby filled year,

Crodon

No comments:

Post a Comment